TIPI’s mission is to foster international collaboration in Organic Agriculture research. The first TIPI Member Assembly was held on February 15, 2013, at BioFach in Nuremberg, Germany.
In facilitating the exchange of scientific knowledge on organic food and farming systems, TIPI is committed to engaging all stakeholders who benefit from Organic Agriculture research. TIPI also helps practitioners disseminate, apply and implement innovations and scientific knowledge consistent with the principles of Organic Agriculture.
TIPI further aims to:
- enable IFOAM - Organics International policies to be based on sound scientific findings
- establish research priorities and strategies with various stakeholder organizations in IFOAM - Organics International
- enhance the sustainability of all agriculture based on the principles of Organic Agriculture
- build capacity and mobilize partnerships to assist small-scale producers in developing countries
- advocate for increased funding in organic research and innovation
- represent IFOAM - Organics International members involved in organic research
You can find more information about TIPI here.
TIPI at OWC Precoferences 08-11 november 2017
On 08 November, we organized the pre-conference “Accelerating Innovation – the Role of Science, Policy and Practice”, and successfully conducted our member assembly. Furthermore, from 09 – 11 November we took center stage as a co-organizer of the Scientific Track at the OWC 2017, the proceedings of which are now available.
You will find the Report from the pre-conference and the Organic World Congress (OWC) here
Activities in the past
As a pre-conference of the Organic World Congress 2014, the Technology Innovation Platform of IFOAM - Organics International, TIPI, were held the workshop Practitioners Research Agenda. The TIPI workshop took place on October 12, 2014 at Yeditepe University in Istanbul.
During this event, TIPI’s research vision and agenda were discussed and advanced by representatives of the organic sector and especially through direct contribution of organic farmers representing the 5 continents (Africa, Asia, Latin America, North America, and Oceania). For more information please check our webpage.
Members of the TIPI Council:
TIPI council members as elected on November 8th, 2017:
Olugbenga Oluseyi Adeoluwa
Would you like to get involved?
Please contact helga.willer [at] fibl.org (Helga )helga.willer [at] fibl.org (Willer) or tipi [at] ifoam.org